Looking for HELP or someone to talk to?
- School Counsellor.
- Community Health Nurse for your school can be reached by leaving a note in the school office or call (604) 233-3150.
- Richmond Youth Clinic – Free & Confidential Drop-In Clinics. 8100 Granville Ave. (604) 233-3204
- Mondays 3:30 – 5:30 pm (by appointment only)
- Wednesdays 3:30 – 5:30 pm
- Fridays 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM (by appointment only)
- CHIMO Crisis Line (604) 279-7070
- CHIMO Youth Counselling Services (604) 279-7077
- RASS (Richmond Addiction Services Society) (604) 270-9220
- S.U.C.C.E.S.S. (Provides services in Cantonese & Mandarin) (604) 279-7180
You can always reach a Kids Help Phone counsellor 24/7 at 1-800-668-6868.
What happens when you call:
First, you’ll hear a message that goes, “Hi! Welcome to Kids Help Phone.” You will then be asked to choose for service in either English or French.
Next comes a message about prank calls. Some young people are just curious about what will happen if they call. Try to remember that our counsellors are here to help, but we need to keep the lines free for youth who need us.
Once you get through, a counsellor will ask how they can help you. Don’t sweat it if you don’t know what to say. The counsellor will ask you a couple of questions to get the conversation going.