BREAKERS DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, October 16th, 2019
- To all Grade 11 & 12 students, are you interested in studying Applied Sciences? Today is your lucky day Simon Fraser University faculty of Applied Sciences will be presenting at lunchtime - come and learn about the faculty and ask any questions you may have. See you all at 12:40 in D124 for the Simon Fraser faculty of Applied Sciences presentation.
- JNB’s Me to We Club will be meeting today at lunch in Mr. Lim’s room in the Science wing. Come to the meeting for more information!
- Are you interested or ever wondered about politics? Do you want service hours? Do you want to be a confident speaker? Then join the Political Club! Info meeting will be on Friday, Oct 18th in room A123.
- Burnett, are you sitting down…the Boys Soccer Team not only won one but TWO games! Excitement is in the air. Goals scored by Taigo, Adriano, Arjun, with solid plays from William Au, Thomas Li, and MVP to yesterday’s game goes to Timothy who was solid as goal keeper. Come watch the boys this Thursday at Minoru Oval at 3:30pm! GO BREAKERS!!
- A reminder to those students who volunteered to assist at Burnett’s first mock election-there is a mandatory training session today after school in Ms. Bautista’s room D206. The meeting should be approximately 30 mins and students will be assigned their election roles and schedules. See you there!
- Any student who would like to take part in the Remembrance Day ceremony as part of the colour guard, please see Mr. Leung this week.
- Hey Burnett Grads of 2020! We hope that you’re showing your spirit and keeping up with the Grad Spirit Week! A reminder that you’re welcome to come down to Ms. Carv’s room B109 at lunch to take some awesome photos for the yearbook! We hope to see you there!
- Reminder: If you borrowed a book from the Richmond Public Library when they came for their book talks last week, please remember it needs to be returned to one of their branches – not to our library. Thanks!
- Hey Breakers! Anyone interested in learning about current events and improving their public speaking skills should sign up for BurnettMUN! BurnettMUN is designed for students of all levels of debate experience. Learn more by visiting our website burnettmun.org!
Have a great day!